Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who is your Neighbour?

Indeed this is a time tested question especially by the courts. Just to provide an answer i will quote directly from the Donoghue vs Stevenson case

There must be, and is, some general conception of relations giving rise to a duty of care, of which the particular cases found in the books are but instances. ... The rule that you are to love your neighbour becomes in law you must not injure your neighbour; and the lawyer's question: Who is my neighbour? receives a restricted reply. You must take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions which you can reasonably foresee would be likely to injure your neighbour. Who, then, in law, is my neighbour? The answer seems to be — persons who are so closely and directly affected by my act that I ought reasonably to have them in contemplation as being so affected when I am directing my mind to the acts or omissions that are called in question.

 Anyway i have just seen a very funny placard

KOFFI NOT COFFEE


No comments:

Post a Comment