Thursday, February 16, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly

My first and second love is Music. Music heals my soul. Good music cures me.Bad music makes me sick.So what do i want to say.

Music has been used to do a lot of things; worship the woman (GOOD),glorify sex (BAD), Abuse the woman (UGLY.

You will recall the days of Kenny Rodgers;

You are so beautiful to me
You are so beautiful to me
Can`t you see?
You`re everything I hope for
You`re everything I need
You are so beautiful to me
You are so beautiful to me.


and you will want to recall Phil Collins even better. she is an easy lover still remaining my favourite.
Songs that make you wanna...you know what i mean

I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord
I've been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord
Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord


And then we move to the bad. 50 cent et al...

50 cent with glorifying sex

Look at this with Lil Kim

I got the magic stick
I know if I can hit once, I can hit twice
I hit the baddest chicks
Shorty don't believe me, then come with me tonight
And I'll show you maaagic
(What? What?) Maaagic
I got the magic stick


Ludacris feels nothing for the skirt wearers and does nothing to hide it.
This song still jazzes me.

She said she never done it, she said she never tried
She's sittin there tellin a motherfuckin lie

She said she was a Christian and she grew up in the church (in the church)
Would stay a Virgin if for better or for worse (or for worse)
Had plenty friends and got offers all the time (all the time)
Swore up and down she was just one of a kind (of a kind)
She said she's loved, but she's never gotten pimped (gotten pimped)
Not dominated couldn't imagine, never dreamt (never dreamt)
And though she steady looking for the perfect man (perfect man)
To buy a ring and take her motherfucking hand (man)


Not forgetting "AREA CODE"

What could have the woman done to deserve the kind of lyrics that are being spurn today.

Love songs have now been relegated to boys bands.And when we loved the bands they told us

These chicks don't even know the name of my band...
But they're all on me like they wanna hold hands...
Cuz once I blow they know that i'll be the man...
All because I'm the lead singer of my band...


Granted, men have also been wronged by women and sing songs like this whose artist and title eludes me...

If i had stuck to my original plan
You would have been a one night stand my bad
I should have known you could never be true
Instead i had you...............



Singing about women calling them beautiful,whores or sexual objects still remain the most lucrative way to make money.

I_Wayne sings
One man can't satisfy her
She needs more wood for da fire
Sex price getting higher, ah more money she require
House, car , and land she desire
so from di prostitution work she won't retire
Flames and fireee,
sun is cool burn di flesh, seller, and the fire


My 15 year brother tells me this is his favourite song. I am lost.

Tell me people; has the woman changed. Was she more adorable in the past and has evolved slowly to become gold digger, bitch then whore. What don't we do right. Artistes sing what they love and what they see in the society.

Will you tell me your good,bad and ugly lyrics

15 comments:

  1. Well, unfortunately for me I loooooove beats and I loooooooove rythm so i love 50cent and ying yang twins BUT I HATE THEIR LYRICS. Its like a catch 22 situation because I find myself singing their songs and then I stop myself and think, "what am i saying"?? e.g i'm into sex i'm not into making love??
    I'm looking for a girl, thats top of the line, cute face small waist with a big behind??? yes they rhyme but the words are nasty
    P>S sorry shiroh for deleting the earlier post, too many spelling mistakes even for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woman's value is going down from the lyricists point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fourth?! Not fair!
    "Well woman the way the time cold I wanna be keepin' you warm
    I got the right temperature to shelter you from the storm
    Oh lord, gal I got the right tactics to turn you on....." That Temperature song from Sean Paul...juz drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that my dear kenyans is why i dont listen to rap music. its just noise People sining about cars teeth and easy women just doesnt excite me.old school R&B is the way to go

    .

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, music is the best, i totally agree with you.

    about your gripes, some would say that its their prerogative and cite creative licensce till we get blue in the face from arguing. and besides, it sells and most of them are all about getting the money. i mean, no one takes issues with femi kuti's beng beng beng. why? cos he has range - sex is part of life but he hasn't revolved his whole music career on the topic.

    hip hop on the other hand is a totally different story. as much as i like dancing and i fall into the same trap as kenyangal, there's only so much one can take of being called a skank, hoe, bitch and whatever other name they will come up with next. when 'banging hoes and blinding them wit yo bling' is all you can make music about then its just ridiculous.

    before i write an entire post in your comments section, i'll just say that akina 50 cent, ludacris, nelly and all the rest irritate the heck out of me - thier lyrics are beyond comprehension

    ReplyDelete
  6. @kenyangal,yeah the rhythm and the beats do it for them,I'm looking for a girl, thats top of the line, cute face small waist with a big behind??? waah!
    @prousette,i hope not
    @KM, actually you are 3,Sean is a bit decent with his lyrics
    @Joe,i hav no problem wit rap music, just the lyrical content
    @poi, ebu pray for them
    @spicey, no prob with postn,i like that song beng beng beng...she said love me now...beng beng beng
    Of course they could argue that it sells but even decent music sells. Why havnt they outdone the kina MJs and Elvis.
    @cute-angel,that is why i am wondering is that what we have become Sexual objects? ama what is their motivation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep

    The lyrics have def gone to the dogs.

    Look at what Nonini sings:
    Kuta vitu, kuta viiiituuuu, kuta vitu
    Miss Kenya! Mama wa mboga! Manzi wa beste yako-o-o
    Mboch wenu! bora ameiva! ni working class!!!


    Somehow, people tend to buy the dirty stuff more...

    Imagine 50 cent unleashing a song on the need to be courteous, polite and respectful... Taking your lady on a candlelight dinner, whispering sweet nothings and holding her hand...

    I doubt whether his G imagine will still stand... The musicians write what the public wants to hear. It is the fabric of the general public that has gone to the dogs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manyake all sizes!Manyake kama prizes! also nyundo is another spectacular example.Sleazy lyrics but you find yourself singing along!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that manyake song annoyed me sana.I think its coz the video was partly done in a butcher.

    ReplyDelete
  10. though i do enjoy hiphop, i too find myself sometimes feeling guilty for liking some of the songs. i think the important thing is that we ourselves don't start thinking of women in that way and using that kind of language.

    as for songs like "juala (manyake)" or "area codes", let's just appreciate the humour in them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Wangu....I also think that these days, it is about who will make the most songs.... before.. it was about talent..

    That is something else that has changed

    ReplyDelete
  12. Music is true heals the soul, but I would some dont. That just shows how madder the world is becoming..........

    ReplyDelete