Monday, December 17, 2007

In pursuit of happyness

My 2007 end of year post, cue from Gishungwa

Now, I am one person whose overall objective in life is to be happy. Everything i do, is based on "It will make me happy" and i have not disappointed myself. To get happy then you have to view everything from a point of LOVE. Love brings happiness and there is nothing in life than loving what is thrown your way regardless of the suscipicions you have of them. My ability to love has been tested on very high levels;

1. Usually not every one returns love or appreciates it. If you find me smiling, it is not because i have been through the best but it is because normally smiling is natural for me than it is for others.

2. In the middle of thick of things it is hard to love. For most of this year, i have been on the jobless train. Though i got a lot to do on the side that gave me quite to live on, things were not ok. Thanks God, i managed this one and not tell everyone who cares to listen the way things are. Needless to say i am without a doubt confirmed that it is best to plan for the future and i am not taking that with a pinch of salt. When you are blowing away all your cash in Java outlets and pubs always think twice; plan and save for that bad day. People will not rescue you and worse still they will not call you for all those plans they used to. I have lost many friends than i care to count during that Jt period.

I have read many blogs i cannot even fathom why people are so unhappy sincere as it maybe. I am happy, not when i have the best job or best dress or best hair (ok a great shoe/handbag can do magic) but when i am most content with whom i am and not discovering who you are usually takes so much away the happiness you could have.

So how did i discover who i am?
By reacting to situations the way i think best or not according to why i should do something. I sometimes just want to sleep on the couch on a sunday afternoon unless i had planned to be out that particular sunday. Thats what i feel best and no matter how much tempting that afternoon at the bar is, i just don't do it. I don't want people around because how else will i get refreshed for a working week ahead.

Knowing what/who matters in my life. Most people hanging around my life turned out to be clutter i would do without. Though this has been a long journey of weeding out, it worked finally. Recently an ex pal of mine wedded without telling me though we had been friends for almost 10 years, it is then i realized i woulda have weeded out a long time ago. It is at times of betrayal that you realize all those little signs you had seen earlier should have mattered. If it doesnt matter, it is probably not worth your time. I see so many people carry baggage all their lives in terms of people who are not worth their time and its outright annoying.

Reading my books. I love my books, i couldn't live without them. Books teach you what nobody teach you. Enough said.

In good times i follow Oscar Wilde and give in to temptation. He said "The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it... I can resist everything but temptation" Oscar Wilde (from the picture of Dorian Gray).  Ok i mean temptation to eat chocolate and ice cream ha ha ha

Then i don't watch and listen to bad news. I am not obsessed with bad news. Don't even bother to tell me them unless they directly concern me. Recently somebody called me to tell me we should meet so that they tell me what somebody had said about me. Holy crap. Why should i? Look as a being i am likely to annoy some people and it is not important that everyone loves me or like what i do. For heavenly sake, i attempt to love everyone unless logic dictates i don't but something has to irritate me about someone and i can blubber about it aimless, that doesn't make it treason.

I even made a quote for myself "If days deem fit to move on, why shouldn't I?". It is Monday today, tomorrow will be Tuesday, so why should i be stuck in Monday. I don't carry forward events. If someone slipped or out of malice said something about me, that is past, there is nothing i can do about it. I cannever put back sand in an hour glass.

I avoid people/events which make me unhappy and concentrate on people/even't which make me happy. Unfortunately even a parent can make you unhappy, it doesn't mean you have to take it. We all have different lives and i don't think anyone should suffer another just because they are your folks or relatives.

So take a cue from there and write something about something.............







3 comments:

  1. Totally feeling your post. Wish you a very happy 2008. God bless ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was thing I noticed about you the few times we met. You always seem happy.That is a good attitude, you will live longer...and happier.



    Daud El Rude(que sera sera)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! i love oyur mind, totalyy inspired by this post, wish i had the same sense of self and life that you do! merry christmas and happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete