Ya'll know the Kenya online movement started with the bloggers, then facebook and now the almighty www.twitter.com
The Kenyan tweep is someone who although on facebook, will repeatedly tweet "facebook is a village">
Will hold out tweeting about Churchill Live until someone does then R/T (retweet) because they must check out if it's cool to like or hate. If someone says bleh then bleh it is. If someone tweets a joke, then it's a joke already! Common though is the Kenyan tweep hates tribal jokes (no pun). i don't think more about the tribal joke apart from the funny part of it. Look here, tribalism is as old as racism and as new as racism. To mean, it is really not going anywhere.
The Kenyan tweep attends the IT focused kind of events. I see things like i hub, TedX and furiously tweet during the event. So if you are not so inclined, skip on this one or you just won't understand:)
The .ke tweep will celebrate if a Kenyan topic is trending on the world timeline. It's almost as having a Kenyan on the elusive Forbes list. Just type #promulgation on twitter.
Nearly most of the world doesn't understand twitter. And for those who do, they remain the so cool that can't be on facebook of course unless twitter is down.
Friday, September 24, 2010
Thursday, September 16, 2010
1. You can make any mistake because as a female driver it is expected.
2. Don't yield to the honking
3. Driving safely is not being a coward although all the male drivers will make you feel so
4. You are the one slowing all the traffic and once they see you they will say " Si nilikuambia huyo ni mwanamke"
5. Being stuck is commonly associated with females.
6. You are going to make a mistake anyway if you are female.
7. A car driven by a female goes for higher than one driven by male so when you are selling your car one of the things to say is "Lady Driver"
8. If a male hits you, they will always try to make you look like you really don't know how to drive so CALL YOUR HUSBAND lol
9. It's ok to insist on male companion especially since you probably don't know how to change a tyre
10. Females should always put enough fuel. Walking with a kibuyu looking for fuel, well...
11. Always lock your doors...You can get the unexpected visitor:(
12. Pull down your windows in town. Sometimes there are boys with human waste walking around
Posted by sylkwan K at 9:46:00 AM