Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Everyone is lately into Africa. Late to the party but yes, they are here. Market researchers and strategists with their ivy league education and flossy research numbers.
Before you pump your precious dollars into Africa. Please note;
1. Africa is not a country. It is a continent with unique cultures, beliefs and languages. Learn to communicate with each country as a unique market.
2. One size does not fit all. Yes those adverts for Jik, Blueband etc shot in S.Africa irritate Kenyans. To make Tanzanians happy, you probably need to use the word appeal to their softer side.
3. Culture, culture and culture. I see S.Africa agressive marketing towards Kenyans. Does. Not. Work. Make them feel part of the brand. Pay me later.
4. Kenyans are not fancy nor fancy luxury. The Kenyans with enough money for luxury can be found at dingy Njugunas.
5. Making a connection is important. Connect with your customer.
Posted by sylkwan K at 5:11:00 PM