Friday, November 27, 2009
My first books were mainly by African writers. To say i once read real African books. Of course i will be honest that apart from the collection of African poetry i have, i have hardly read a book by an African writer ever since the Son of Fate by John Kiriamiti. My attempts to read the Minister's Daughter were thwarted by the Dad ( I wonder why).
Then the days i read all the Sidney Sheldon and Danielle Steele were over.
I don't remember reading more than 2 fiction books during my campus days. I think there was too much to do besides read a book. I mean freedom to do whatever it is at whatever time and with whoever you felt with.
So now i have just finished reading a rather gripping Memoir by Frank McCourt. A book i have had for a year. Maybe it is because sadly Mr. McCourt passed on sometimes this year and i felt obligated to read his book. It was an excellent reading. No need to wonder why people love writers of Irish origin. Let me remind you Oscar Wilde was Irish. And if you have had the pleasure to read Maeve Binchy then you have been to Dublin Ireland severally. There is something about the Irish being able to churn good stories.
Now, i am onto the Brothers Karamazov, another hugely frightening book. But since i have heard it is almost a vain life to have lived without going through this book, i have vowed to finish it. The first chapter is interesting enough!
And if you ever come by a book by Stephen King called Dolores Clairbone, do not bypass it. Read on, it's hilarious.
What are you currently reading?
Friday, October 16, 2009
Tuesday, October 06, 2009
For all pictures and further stories go to their website http://www.tuskerprojectfame.com/home.asp
Perhaps because in my opinion TPF 2 was a total flop, i hesitated watching TPF 3 until a few people were evicted. To say i didn't hear either Kevin or Nina sing. The talent in TPF 2 was simply missing and who could be blamed for watching idols. The winner of TPF 2 could not have made it to the last 10 of Idols. What happened to the winner of Idols anyway? I suspect the high cost of living and inflation in Zimbabwe caught up with his quest for stardom.
Anyway TPF 3 is totally different. Apart from one weakling called Superlito the rest of the contestants have all super impressed me. Sometimes the evictions look superbly stage managed sorry sloppily stage managed and so far lost 2 great contestants (Debarl and Leah). Anyway both Debarl and Leah lost to the game of winning 5 million. The angst that the public had that led to a facebook group "Sorry Patricia, but we wont vote for you" for not voting back Debarl, all the same, everyone has an eye on the prize and what's wrong with falling the best of the competition. Anyway that game is becoming dangerous.
Here are my false predictions;
Maureen will get evicted on Saturday for failing to connect with the public. Did you see her reaction when she was up for probation. Too much confidence sister! You are great but the public will have to vote you in for you to win. It doesn't matter what the teachers think now. Ooh and that eye make up is horrr--iibleee.
Nganga will make it to the last 3 but can't win. He could probably try his luck at the "Can you dance?". Nganga has survived at least 4 probations. Personally i like his voice only that it is not as high pitched as everyone else. But all the same, between him and Ian there is no love lost. I love his boyish charm though.
Alpha will probably win this TPF 3 then go disappear in Rwanda forever. Alpha tantalized us with a rendition of Lucky Dube's One people (or what is it called, i ain't no reggae fan!) and his voice is also great. Let's just hope he wins.
That Mitch dude is extremely irritating. Don't they have any other presenters in Uganda, seriously!!!!
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Well i read and re-read the original post and the comments.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I was buying veggies from a vendor yesterday and we had this conversation.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
I learnt it when I was 18 years old.
Friendships, gossips, betrayals, hip sisters, group mentality....
Her name was Elsie. Tall, slender, big eyes. She was the first gal friend I made when my dad shoved me to KTTC for a CPA course. He did everything; filled the paper work, looked for a school, paid for it and all that stuff. All I needed was to report. Which I did. It was a boarding college. My dad figured if I stayed idle I would start all those funny behaviours that teenagers pick when they are idle. So I am in these huge college with men and all that stuff and a library. So, these group of girls let’s call them hip sisters and I became inseparable. We ate, queued, went to class, washed together. We we we… gossiped. Ultimately, cracks began to show. Elsie was my best friend in the group and so we gossiped about the others, made fun of their dressing, shared family histories and problems, and I helped her overcome the fear of men because she had been sexually abused as a child. Our friendship is one I will probably never have. We went to Gikomba , drank the first beer, raved at the college dances, had our first boyfriend.
Then, hell broke loose. I don’t know what it is about gals. They started dishing dirt on who said what and how it was said..so eventually everything broke! Of all, I was closest, she is the only one who knew what I thought or even said, the fact that it was out HURT me, really much. She decided we could not be friends. At that time I could not understand what was happen. Then it all started to fit in. I was devastated. Everyone was shouting at each other, I had no friends anymore. I was devastated.
Your best friend walks in when all walk out
To say I was devastated is to understand it, these gals were my life in college. Then J happened. The first day J and I met she dissed me about my leather jacket. So I didn’t like her at all. One day she met me crying; she was worried. We talked and talked about it all. She was my crying shoulder. Then she introduced me to the library. Because I had been so obsessed with the gal power troop, I barely noticed there was a libraryL. I don’t know how I would have passed my exams, if it were not for J. So I began to study, even Financial Accounting became easy. We became friends. She is still a good friend of mine till today though time and seasons have waned our friendship, I could say she saw me through the worst of times. Few can do that.
It was not the end of friendships that devastated me, it was the lies and the betrayals. For this lesson I will be forever be grateful. I don’t do gal gangs.
Boys, bars, beer….
His name was D, a Giriama boy. He had/still has the greatest sense of humor. We met at a place me and J were having a rendezvous. It was near my home, I had always heard of it but my father could never let me go there. So I didn’t. Then there was freedom. I could hang out go back to the hostel and my poor dad (who by the way had forked out a fortune to let me board) would never know. So we danced, we partied, laughed and then he broke my heart. Yes. Terribly. It took me 3 years to get out of this one. I got sick. My friend J could do nothing to help me with this one. You know when young love strikes, it strikes hard. But at the end, I was scarred but stronger. I did not date anyone for 3 years. I learnt when you are hurt, it is better to move on. Hope is a dangerous thing. Then I met with vodka, threw up and all that AND grew up. I can’t tell the last time I threw up after drinking, I know my brands and stick to them. I don’t envy chics who misbehave after drinking too much/the wrong drinks…
H is for Heartbreak
Yup. Thing with innocent unadulterated love(?) is that when it hurts, IT HURTS.
Monday, May 18, 2009
You know it, you have been through it. That time that you are between 25 years and 30 years of age. I am in the middle. Not young enough to be called a girl; not old enough to be called a woman.
Things start to happen;
You wanna cut your hair. I have been raising my hair for 12 odd years now. It has cost me a lot. I am suddenly tired of the dryer, the chemicals, the burning. I can't also do the horse hair.
But you still can't cut your hair. Because your insecurities remind you of the many times other kids called your head a bus. A little exaggeration, right there.
Your career (sorry your job) start to look dim, you toy with the idea of being an actress or married to a mogul and never having to work for another day. Basically you know; money is the best option.
I can't lie; I am becoming impatient with my job. The idea of quitting is becoming real by the day. Of course the insecure bird says, it's the recession boss. The idea of hustling for your own medical insurance, another job, business failure, brokenness makes you survive another day, week, month, and year.
Can anybody live with me? To rephrase, can I live with anybody?
My mother accidentally made a reference to me being married. I ignored. When watching the Wedding show (very involuntarily) my cousin asked when I would be getting married. I occasionally get bitchy so I ask her, when you are getting married yourself. She said you are the older one (gr). I ignore. What? Don't get me wrong, I think getting married is fantastic when you finally get the person you wanna get married to and it sounds fine to you and your heart. I am just not there. No hints, subtle or loud.
My dream is to fly over the rainbow so high.
I am those kind of people who are passive aggressive. That, neuroscientists think is a disorder. It is not. It is a character trait. You are not aggressive and you are not passive. One day you have an outburst and everyone is worried. I take a lot of crap. Then one day I am explosive. What's the deal with that? Or rather I am tired of these psychologists or whatever it is they are, thinking there is something wrong with the non-conforming. To borrow from Milo (he is back!) he is the genius who refuses to be tamed. He borrowed it from KM.
Big bang theory and the intellectual
I don't know (illusion perhaps), I get myself laughing at geek jokes. I totally adore the geeky types, on Television. So what is the problem, geeks in real life are not interesting and so….
The bad boys
In my real life, I don't like the intellectual types. Not surprisingly, I enjoy the non intellectuals or intellectuals who don't wanna act it (especially those). I love people who can jump and down in a club. I am totally intrigued by bad boys. I want to know, how do you look at your wife in the eye and tell her you have been working while you slept in a hotel room somewhere with some other woman. Why? And they lie a lot too.
I am still marrying the geek (lol). Just don't make me read comics.
I stop making sense
See the last two.
Help! I can't fill my tax returns
There is something about seeing how much tax you paid to the Government could have changed your life. You gave them anyway. I feel robbed every day I don't have water or electricity. Again, is Migingo available to take the human misfits there? I am sure the snakes and snails would have a field day.
The little house on the Prairie, two children, no husband
I occasionally have the thought of living on the singlesville forever. Then I remember the creaking back, the menopause, the disappearing hairline and the folding skin. Those are misfortunes you would like to share with someone. Sorry but I am not too optimistic about the marriage things, I need counseling. Ooh blame my folks for not holding it together! It has nothing to do with law school as many misinformed people may like to imagine.
Can you believe I used the word ravenous in a conversation once?
I know the good people of the blogsphere will wonder what is complicated about that. Let me let you in a secret. It is uppity in Nairobi to use such words when you could use a non-complicated word. Trust me, I was given the look..ooh so you know a little English.
Another day I sat with other people that scored over 500 marks in KCPE and boasted of the good old days. What it was like appearing on the top 10 in the district. Someni vijana days are over. Real life is hard. It takes more of the brawn to make it. I mean like ass licking, saying yes sir when all you want to do is say F-U, and then you remember the recession. Look at Beyonce'.
Britney Spears and Amy Winehouse
Why do I like these two artistes? They are train wrecks. Seriously Amy makes great music, Britney makes great shows. They are to me, the epitome of self destruction.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
I had the unfortunate experience of having to sit down with two gross grown ass men..do i make any sense? Yes i suspected they were grown by the wrinkles showing that one has aged quite but tragically their minds were as empty as a hollow pipe can be.
Monday, May 04, 2009
1You must brag about the award
2You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to the blogger
3You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
4Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog.
5List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
She likes my style of writing and that is why I must do the tagJ
Lets see, honesty is my best policy so here it goes. Honestly I stole some question and style from Our Kid
Tell us about one annoying habit you have.
I like to ask questions. Many. I am never satisfied with just one answer. i like to know everything. I guess that’s what motivated google. That means I google a lot. I google the names of movie characters when the movie is going on, I google everything I think it’s important then of course google what is very unimportant.
Picture this; did you know Madonna and Angelina Jolie fought over a girl? A Chinese girl called Shimizu. google can confirm.
Tell us about your house.
I do not have a house, only a bedroom and I recently bought a fluffy pink blanket. Eew.
Do you love politics?
Yes I do, that is why I don’t watch news anymore because that would mean I would hate politics. Can you imagine a grown ass man complaining about nusu kapeti….
Why do you switch off your phone when you sleep
Because I love to sleep, I love to sleep so much and my ring tone is also annoying. I also have trouble falling asleep if woken up at 3 and then I start blogging in my head. Then waste another whole day trying to catch up on lost sleep.
What makes you happy?
I am always almost trying to keep myself happy. That can mean a lot of things, I avoid sadness. I am also an escapist.
Falling on the streets. Nothing beats it while strutting mitumba high heels (sic)
Why are you still blogging (I thought the X generation of blogging is long gone)
Because I have one thousand conversations in my head. Somebody might want to study girlinthemeadow for their campus literature project. I kid you not. I am now writing a study guide.
Is you and your blog persona different
Yes. While I appear to be very opinionated and a bit exciting on my blog, the real me does not have an opinion and yes a bit dull and unexciting. You cannot read much. Others say I am hard to please. In my blog, one comment can please me quite.
Are you judgmental and if so why?
Yes I am judgmental. About 40minutes, no 5 minutes I figure out much. Do I really want to spend an entire hour with you, do I make an exit plan, do I call for additional company. Sometimes and rarely I am wrong. I especially hate the ones with double lives, that I can clearly see.
Are you independent /fiercely independent/both/dependent
I can be all. But I prefer being independent.. I like to have my own stuff, do whatever I like. My mum quit her job, she was dependent on a man. I didn’t like what I saw. I prefer to be independent.
Why can’t you still cook chapattis/drive a car
See this was a perfect weekend to learn how to cook chapattis, but going out is more attractive. Damn thank God polygamy is being allowed, I can settle easily to third position with no pressures of making perfect chapattis. I love that polygamy law, how come nobody thought about it earlier.
How are bloggers in their real life like, I heard you have met all of them
Yeah I have met most of the generation X bloggers by choice and design. They are awesome quite unlike normal humanJ. No they are just normal people with jobs, wives, cars blah blah blah. I especially think they are the smartest people, I hang around Not kidding most generation X bloggers are achievers.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
"shudders at the thought of the headline"
Thursday, April 16, 2009
1. Don't touch/flirt/call/text and other insane variations of looking interested;
Monday, March 09, 2009
Stuff sitcoms should be made of.
Friday, March 06, 2009
Monday, March 02, 2009
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
- I listen to Amy Winehouse "You Know I'm no Good" several times a day-play, replay. She is like the most amazing artiste of our times. Too bad she is a hot mess. Crack and all is not doing her justice. Get off them Ms. Wino and make music!
- I know most of Britney Spears songs lyrics and all. Been a fan since '99. I don't judge artistes.
- I was to get rid of celebrity gossip blogs but work can be boring such that Nicole Kidman having a botox become extremely interesting news. How else would i know Chris aka Rihanna beater is known CBreezy. How interesting can a celeb tossing out garbage,I need to do something. I really should have an opportunity to call someone treckalicious (train +Wreck)
- I once gave a bribe. Making out in public parks is an offence right? Stop looking at me with those eyes:)
- I am really sleepy right now
- I am kinda defiant.I hate rules. I like to draft the rules for others to follow, but not me. I kinda shoot straight to the hip, i know some people don't like it but if you are looking for advice, i am very sober.
- I believe in natural intuition. If i can't connect with someone naturally, i don't force. I am kinda lazy on working on stuff, so they better work themselves out 80%.
- On number 7, i have always easily gotten stuff. Like i didn't have to read so hard in school to pass. Once i start writing , it just comes to my head. I have never have had to really work for something. People like me without no effort on my part. On the other hand i have watched people work so hard to even establish relationships, pass school and just to get ahead in life.
- I have most of my friend's numbers in my head such that when i lose a phone, i don't lose much in terms of contacts. I remember very trivial details.
- I just don't forget events unless i have purposed to.
- I remember most of what i dream. I kinda interpret my dreams. Like i have kept dreaming about rejection from a certain person, it is so scary yet i know these dreams are very true. They say you can know that someone is your Mr. Right just from paying more attention to your dreams about them.
- I can think. Yes i can. Then find someone else to implement what i think. We will both be very successful. Don't expect me to do both.
- It really took me a lot of time to know that i could be creative. I never fancied myself as creative. The other day i sat down to write fiction, i was shocked, i wrote for a whole afternoon. Sadly my computer got a virus and i lost the story.
- Ther is a gal i have known since 2000, no matter how long we are apart, when we sit down to talk, it's always as if we have never been apart for a single day.
- I talk to myself a lot, not loudly like a looney, just in my head.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
- I was continuously tired- My back and neck pained all the time. I had to really exercise to get rid of this problem.
- I entered into bad relationships- I lacked the energy to form good relationships. At this point bad boys become very attractive. My friends were not exactly helping
- I lost that focus- I had always known what i wanted in life. But especially in campus, i did other things more than i studied. Due to the void that was left at home, i found an escape especially in alcohol and clubs. I escaped from reality so much, but that was though good for me.
- I was always taking care of other people-My mum, my siblings. I kinda got this thing that i had to be there and listen, offer advice. But at the end of the day you are so drained, you have nothing to offer yourself. You take less care of yourself and this can be reflected even in your appearance, dressing and such. It took me a lot of time s
- Despite how your life has been, tomorrow is a new day. You can chose to be bitter or live. I choose to live.
- Always read self development material- You never know how sick you can be. People think those books are useless, but i have read loads of them. How to form good relationships with people always look so much like common sense should tell you but the truth is, what if you have never been shown how to.
- Read, read, read- If nothing else. Of course and write.
- Always to thank God for what i have and work for what i don't have- I think i had a dose of low self esteem at some point, after all when your parents are fighting, love for everyone else takes the backseat. My mom was so involved in her problems that most of the time she was just quarreling us for things we had not done. Todate i cannot call my mum for advice or just to talk my normal life with her. I don't blame her. I have a blog
- Maybe someone's reading and just wondering so what you have had a bad life, it wasn't entirely bad. My parents are still very responsible especially where finances and education are concerned. I still live in my dad's house free of charge. Me and my siblings have a very good relationship. i don't know how we managed to have our entirely different life from what my parents had. Nobody treats us badly mainly because we protect ourselves really. ooh and Boarding school helped.
- It is good to take charge of your family, if you don't others will trample on it. This is especially true for men.If you don't, you will regret it.
- Don't marry young, the twenties are still the best years of my single life. And all those pressurizing me to get married/your clock is ticking, i suggest you get a life. Leave mine alone. If my clock ticks, it ticks on me, not you. Would you shut up already!
- You don't have to take crap from anyone. This universe prouds itself of 6 billion people.
- Some people just won't change. Don't force them to. If someone is not responsible, they might never be.
- Patience is overrated. Get a life now already!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
You prolly think it's stupid. Which it is. Why would a mature gal tag her
best friend and others for a date that was meant to be yours only.
It's because she thinks you are boring or thinks she needs the backup
incase you turn to be a serial murderer/stalker. She wants to test if you
are really that boring.It's this simple. If yes, she has an exit plan.
*If no, she loses the friends.*
2.Why girls throw tantrums
I was having a talk on my friend and she was telling me how she throws
tantrums if her boy shows other chics attention. By the way PMS is also
real. Just in case you were wondering. I am not talking about abuses, i am
talking about sulking and complaining about everything generally. This
conversation may ensue;
Girl:You don't buy me anything these days
Girl: Infact when is the last time you called me
(doesn't wait for answer)
Girl: So why did you receive texts from that chic
Boy: I can't help, she just texts me
Girl: Call her, tell her not to text you anymore
Boy: You know i can't do that
Girl: You don't love me, that's why
*Girls hate to lose control*.
3.Crying over Ronaldinho...or Thierry Henry
Seriously he isn't even cute. All girls could say was haa, that hair!
Seriously THAT HAIR! *AND* it was the World cup. That was not the point
really. *We hardly understand football*
4. She disappears on you in the club
Dude seriously..you are clande. It's called the disappearance act.
5.Pretending we can't cook
We might not be able to whip out lasagna de la...you get it but certainly
80% of the women folk know how to cook. This is .ke really. Don't get
fooled. We just don't want to do it before *YOU PUT A RING ON IT.*
6.Sex and the city, lipstick jungle, desperate housewives, gossip girls,
cosmopolitan, true love, sex and the city ( i know) and all other books and
magazines dedicated to women.
I and myself is a great lover of chic lit and flicks....
These are dating and life bibles. Just incase you did not know.
7. Why there is one dancing style
Seriously this one beats me. I am actually convinced there could be a place
in Nairobi people check in to practice styles on the next club banger.
Gyrating hips, move left right, bend down..you get the drift. Remember the
obsessions? What would we have done without our waists.
8. Shoes and clothes
Why would someone want a whole closet of shoes? Well Imelda Marcos certainly
did start the pace. But have you ever walked by a shoe shop and seen all
those shoes that could look nice on your feet ok awesome on your feet. I am
not even a shoe freak and i still get so moved by cute shoes.
9. Its Me and Me only
Which part of Me don't you understand.
10. Sci-Fi, football, changing tyres,
11.Tyra Banks, Oprah, La Mujer de la.....(dedicated to M)
The shoes, the clothes, the jewellery, the makeovers. That's why. Ooh and
the menaresuchlosers..Mr. right still exists. Oxymoron?
We love attention. We love attention. We love attention. Especially from
guys we like
13. What is whining
We don't whine, we only express our disgust at your bad behaviour in a
shrieking loud voice. Expression not whining not nagging.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Yesterday i had an extremely desperate thought or rather my friend said I did;
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Wednesday, February 04, 2009
- My hair- One of my greatest extravagance has been on my hair. I have about 3 different types of treatments, hair sprays etc. I go to the salon every week. Savings expected; No more buying of treatments until the ones i have are over, salon visits to be reduced to once per fortnight. Let's say no more hair products till the ones i have are over. I just have this funny obsessive habit of buying hair products even when the ones i have in the house are half way. Same goes for skin lotion.
- Less hanging out- because beer and cab fare is expensive when you have a tight budget.Now, i have to look for a new vice?
- Carry packed lunch always- I do carry packed lunch but not always and as such every time i eat out in town, it costs about 200/= or more not to mention that you may catch some amoebas and typhoid on the way
- Do calculated shopping; That is easy because hawkers are out of the streets and Ngara has too much teargas. The stuff you buy on the street only look attractive for a few days and then it goes to the big nakumatt bag in my bedroom.
- Sadly no trips until the crunch is over. I wanted to go everywhere, Zanzibar, Malindi, now it will have to wait. Trips are expensive when all is said and done
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Feel free to share your cab drivers experiences. I am looking at you 3Toc.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Ok now there is this breed of men who have taken to dutifully call me/text me on Monday mornings. The kind who won't text or call from Friday 1700hrs to Monday 1100 hrs.
Friday, January 23, 2009
4 Things I'm Passionate About
4 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Niliamka nikapiga mswaki (ya'll know how that song goes)
Thursday, January 22, 2009
When all the hullaballoo is about B.O, one certain lad caught my eye. He is 27 years old and the Director of speechwriting at Statehouse. His name is Jon Favreau, . Ooh well and the fact he is cute?
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
- Cut out information overload- I skim through newspapers, do not watch TV especially news, i unsubscribed from all gossip blogs. Really, i do not care if Nicole Kidman had botox or not.
- Attend/Join Toastmasters- After seeing what oratorial skills did for Obama, who can resist learning from the masters of speech.
- Blog more- I cannot understand why i stopped blogging regularly because i do have full internet access both at home and at work.
- Read more literature- I still intend to at least write a poem this year
- Understand limiting beliefs and how they affect my life- It is true, you are what you think you are.
- Network efficiently and effectively- Invite me for any event and i will come
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
- You dial your number on his phone only to realize you are saved as Michael Joseph
- The only place you have been with him/her is a cheap lodging
- You don't know how his/her house directions coz you have only been there at night
- Goes AWOL on holidays
- You can dress up and leave in less than 20secs (huh)
- Dude doesn't hide the fact another mama was in his house previously
- He doesn't care if you have a boyfriend or not and viceversa
- You are always doing the calling/texting (sounds simple)
- When the dude only screws you in the dark, preferrably with you facing away from him (yaani chora saba) then you's definitely a what? C L A N D E!! (from Archer, i sold you for 20pence)
- You have to carry a change of clothes-that or you rewindYour toothbrush at her/his place ni hizo za ten bob...it gets worse when you have to carry it coz significant other is comin over later...WTF do you want me to do with a ten bob toothbrush?worst case scenario is you keep buyin those toothbrushes...clandestine! (edited for clarity)
- When you keep brushing shoulders and not saying a word to each other when in public but end up in the same bed later.still not saying anything to each other
- Apparently Big sized handbags are clande apparel
- When every chick who calls or hugs onto him in the club is an ex or buggin him ....you are part of one big happy clande family
- Ati a jamaa amekusave as TQ 1,TQ 2...(Thirst Quencher 1, Thirst Quencher 2) ....u are just but a...(not edited)
- Thou shall not fall in love
- Thou shall wait to be called
- Thou shall perform your "duties" diligently
- Thou shall not nag nor whine
- Thou have no claim to her or him
- Thou shall never ever call him at home
- Do not ask, never complain, never explain
- Thou shall not give him/her an affectionate title in your phone book
- Thou shall not discuss him/her with pals.
- Thou shall not question his/her action
- Thou shall be sharp to understand monotone answers