This is how HIV/AIDS spreads in Kenya (True story that i wish to share with my readers & other Kenyans)
I know i guy who is HIV positive. Lets call him E
E sleeps with C who knows nothing about the HIV status of E. C is sleeping with a married man named R. C has a friend called M, they often have 3 somes with R. R is sleeping wit another chic called Mo. Mo is married too and has another boyfriend on the side. M (C's friend) is dating a married man too K. K is not know to have one girlfriend.
And that is how you can become a part of that circus. If E happened to affect C then the whole group will end up infected. Don't throw the socks up the ceiling however tempting that is. i really feel for innocent wives but that is Kenyans for you.
We have to support Passaris. Go here and sign up www.oneinamillion.co.ke
Monday, May 14, 2007
Ok i know i haven't really kept up with blogging lately so when Ichiena says i have been tagged i can only oblige (seeing she is Senior)
- I have a hardtime giving people second chances. I trust you once you screw up and thats it. I don't mean business but as in friendship. For example there is this chic who i was friends with from 1st Form and continued been pals after school and even put business together (which we closed later) yaani went thru a lot of things & shT together. One day i unfortunately left her house open and she called me and talked really Rude, she didn't bother to find out what had happened. Thats the last day i talked to her. Its been 3 years and counting. I HATE people who jump to conclusions without bothering to ask me whats happening. The next time you want to be rude to me, you should really think about it.
- I am hard to impress. I love new experiences and the kind if had money wouldn't mind taking breakfast in Nakuru & dinner in Mombasa and sleep in Nairobi, maybe the exhaustion would prevent me but it really excites me to do totally unrelated things the same day. I can buy a pair of shoes wear it once and give it away. It partly explains why i want to learn Luo,spanish & Italiano.
- I don't like watching TV. I find it hard to listen to people on Tv. I only watch suprise surprise 2 soap operas of which i am just too ashamed to tell.
- I am an information junkie. I like knowing everything and for no reasons. I buy all types of magazines & books when i have cash. I have even gotten to the habit of googling the prescriptions by doctors. I insist on carrying that paper which the doc scribbles on and google what i can see. I can even read their non existent words. I read the young nation. I find myself reading in the middle of a conversation with someone especially if in the house. That also explains why i can't watch Tv, there is always something to read instead. When i am stressed though i don't read, instead i watch Tv. Sometimes i go to the butchery and carry newspapers from there if i find something interesting.
- I am the kind of person who is most probably friends to everyone and to none. Although these days i am trying to be better, i still find it hard.
- I am most comfortable talking general topics than talking about personal stuff. Its kinda hard to extract things about me from me unless you are very patient with me.
- I am not the best person to cry with because i am very practical. I think what can i do for you to ease your pain rather than "woisheeing" with you. I find it sometimes people just want you to cry with them but i will find myself suggesting why don't you do this or another.
Thats therapy right?
Posted by sylkwan K at 7:26:00 PM
Sunday, May 13, 2007
There is a rule i was taught in Driving School called right of way. However in the City of Nairobi the right of way means
- Matatus & City Hoppas have the 1st right of way. Matatus becoz even if they caused an accident the driver will simply call the owner of the matatu and tell them to deal with the accident.
- KBS have the second right of way. If a KBS hits your car there is no chance that you or your car will survive. So give way
- KENATCO Taxis also do have a superior right of way. Maybe...maybe because i also don't know.
- Rude owners of cheap saloon cars come next. Because "why the f don't you own a car. Give me way" must be why. Wahindis are very fond of this.
- Other motorists who don't know that town speed should utmost be 50KPH and they keep hooting aimlessly because they probably just learn how to hoot!
Individuals who don't own vehicles but nevertheless have a right of way
- Thieves who have just stolen mobile phones and are about to lose their lives (i understand their predicament) via angry mob.
- Hawkers running away from City Kanju. This is the most ugly group because they run with their wares and hit everyone on their way
- Men in a hurry. Because money is so important/business deals or whatever it is that they are chasing. They think "Hey, my shughulis are so important don't get into my way". This means Body bumps; several.
What i am saying is if you meet with these motorists and important persons GIVE THEM WAY.
Posted by sylkwan K at 1:52:00 PM